Thursday 15 October 2009

Today was our first full day in Oaxaca and we're settling in well.

We managed to find a little store around the corner from our apartment that caters to tourists. They had pesto (yay!) and tofu (silken, but still yay!) and soy milk (yaaaaaay!). Tonight was our first foray into cooking at home. I managed to light the oven pilot light without setting my hair ablaze (victory!). I am now sitting with Alex in an internet cafe eating a vanilla ice cream sundae with caramel sauce and walnuts out of a martini glass. It's a lovely evening. All of the doors are windows are open in the place and I'm comfortable in a skirt and a tanktop.

There's a zombie movie showing tomorrow night at an indie theater a few blocks from our apartment. We think it'll be plenty entertaining, even if it's dubbed and we only understand one out of fifty words.

I'm going to keep this short tonight, but I think we'll be able to get an internet connection in our apartment, which will make blogging easier. In the meantime, here are some pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/documama/sets/72157622594507952/

No comments:

Post a Comment